Heaton Property always has and always will present the deposit amount and a summary of charges with every individual property description. We believe in transparency and having an unknown amount of money to pay before moving into a property isn’t acceptable.
The format on property advert looks like this:
Deposit – Equal to one month’s rent
Administration Fee: £xxx for up to two tenants
(includes first Guarantor, where required)
Please note that we never charge administration fees for occupiers who are under 18 years old.
Maximum Fees to Tenants:
Before You Move In:
Set up fee (tenant’s share): £250.00 for up to two tenants
- Referencing up to two tenants which includes identity, immigration and visa confirmation, financial credit checks, obtaining references from current or previous employers and landlords along with any other relevant information to assess affordability. Contract negotiation including amending and agreeing terms, arranging the tenancy and final agreement for signature.
Additional Tenant Fee: £110.00 per tenant
- Processing the application, associated paperwork and referencing.
Guarantor Fee: £100.00 per additional guarantor (where required)
- Covering credit referencing, identity confirmation Land Registry checks and preparing a Deed of Guarantee as part of the Tenancy Agreement.
Permitted Occupier Fee: £90.00 per permitted occupier
- Explaining to any permitted occupier their rights and responsibilities towards the named tenant(s) and landlord as well as the provision of documentary guidance and assistance during the tenancy.
Pet Deposit: Returnable additional Security Deposit of £200.00
- Where consent is granted, this is to cover the added risk of property damage. This will be protected with your security deposit in a Government-authorised scheme and may be returned at the end of the tenancy.
During Your Tenancy:
Amendment Fee: £60.00
- Contract negotiation, amending terms and updating your tenancy agreement during your tenancy, for example, a ‘Lets With Pets’ variation.
Ending Your Tenancy:
Check out Fee (tenant’s share): £ 100.00
- Attending the property to undertake an updated Schedule of Condition based on the original inventory and negotiating the repayment of the security deposit.
Other Fees and Charges:
Lost Security Items: £35.00 plus item cost
- Obtaining necessary permissions, sourcing providers and travel costs.
Out of Hours Services: £100.00 per hour plus any actual costs incurred.
- Where actions of the tenant results in the agent (or nominated contractor) attending the property, time to remedy the situation is charged at the hourly rate. Subject to a minimum call out charge of £100.00 inclusive of VAT.
Unpaid /Returned Payments: Interest at 8% above Bank of England Base Rate from date due
Professional Cleaning: £18.00 per hour (if required)
- Only charged where professional cleaning is necessary to return the property to the same condition as at the start of the tenancy. Subject to a minimum call out charge of £18.00